This is the place where I round up a corral chock-full of mixed media art, vintage collections, digital escapades, and some occasionally snarky observations about life with junk, books, rescue dogs and nearly-grown children.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Band Fun

 I love the braided trim detail on her jacket!

A few months ago, I bought six vintage trophy tops from Margo, at Junkin' Journal. She had found a treasure trove of drum majorette trophy figures, and I selected three gold metal and three silver ones, along with two diminutive trophy cups.  None of the pieces came on marble bases.

 Three merry drum majorettes.

The trophy cups stand fine without a base, but the drum majorettes had the screw-in bottoms and so needed bases.  I took my gals to a local trophy shop, and for a $1.50 per piece, had them mounted on plain white marble bases.  I can now add ribbon sashes or add "engraved" messages with scrap-booking items.
 Photoshop piece I made using a photo of my daughter with her mellophone.

My daughter plays French Horn and Mellophone in the TWHS Band, so I can use these merry majorettes as awards during her senior year or as table decorations.

 My favorite shot of my daughter and her French Horn, taken after Chamber Music prelims in 2009.

2 comments:

  1. They look great, The thing I liked about these is that the were real metal and not the plastic that we get these days. I'm glad you are enjoying them.
    Margo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are just darling! Love them, what a great find! :-)

    Have a wonderful holiday weekend!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks visiting my Rancho. Take a moment to say Howdy. I truly appreciate my visitors and followers!