This is the place where I round up a corral chock-full of mixed media art, vintage collections, digital escapades, and some occasionally snarky observations about life with junk, books, rescue dogs and nearly-grown children.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Mardi Gras!


Mardi Gras Colors, originally uploaded by Calsidyrose.

We had Popeye's Fried chicken tonight, in honor of Mardi Gras.

Mardi Gras Fun

I live in Belle Chasse from 2001 through July 2005. We celebrated the Mardi Gras season with a wreath on the door, neighborhood and charity parades, plus lots of Kingcake. We supported my son when his Band marched in the West Bank parades and caught our fair share of beads and other throws. On Mardi Gras Tuesday, however, we kept a low profile. A frozen "Kitchen Sink" daiquiri from the drive-through drink shop and a box of Popeye's chicken made the evening festive, which ended by viewing the Meeting of the Courts on the local PBS channel.

When Mardi Gras rolls around, I find myself missing New Orleans. We had Popeye's Chicken tonight, but no frozen daiquiris. We're off instead to watch my daughter play in a UIL Concert.

If you want to see more Mardi Gras ephemera, head on over to my Flickr Photostream--yesterday I uploaded a variety of images, including some more photos of the men of the Cajun Mardi Gras, as seen here:

Mardi Gras Tomfoolery

Do you celebrate Mardi Gras? Or perhaps you have pancakes as part of a "Shrove Tuesday" event at your church. Leave a comment--throw me a little something, please!

Laissez les bon temps rouler!

(Let the Good Times Roll!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks visiting my Rancho. Take a moment to say Howdy. I truly appreciate my visitors and followers!